Beginner Yoga Information
WHAT TO EXPECT at yourYoga Class:
Yoga is not a competition. Give yourself permission to progress at your own pace. Give your body the freedom to practice without comparing it to the other students in the class or trying to force it into the ideal position.
- Instructor usually arrives 15 minutes before class, but please be patient if we arrive later than that.
- Come to class in comfortable clothes that you can stretch in.
- Remove your shoes and silent your phone as soon as you arrive. Refrain from holding loud conversations.
- Come to class with an empty stomach.
- Bring a yoga mat or rug and, if possible, a yoga block. There are mats you can borrow upon request.
- Please let the instructor know if it is your first ever yoga class and ALWAYS inform your instructor of injuries or health conditions so that they may give you any modifications and precautions.
When practiced properly, yoga is steady and comfortable. Never strain or endure pain or discomfort in a yoga posture, if it hurts it's NOT yoga! Be assured, you gain much more benefit from relaxing in your yoga class than straining & grasping.
Click on the link below for the Root River Yoga Beginner Yoga packet for a list of Frequently Asked Questions and additional information about basic Yoga poses.