Ridgeway Community School Literacy Plan
All Minnesota School Districts are required to develop (or revise) and implement a local literacy plan based on the five elements prescribed under MS section 120B.12:
Five requirements to be included in the local literacy plan include:
1. How you will ensure reading proficiency for all students by the end of Grade 3.
2. The process to assess students’ level of reading proficiency.
3. How you will notify and involve parents.
4. How and when you will intervene with students who are not reading at or above grade level.
5. How you will identify and meet staff development needs.
All Minnesota School Districts are required to develop (or revise) and implement this local literacy plan so that teachers provide comprehensive scientifically based reading instruction consistent with PL 122A.06 subd. 4:
Comprehensive scientifically based reading instruction includes:
• Phonemic Awareness
This can be accomplished as follows:
• Districts/School Sites K-3 must develop or revise a local literacy plan ~AND~
• Use the attached rubrics (appendix A) to guide your school local literacy planning.
To review Ridgeway Community School's Literacy Plan click on the Literacy Plan tab to the left.
|Contact: Jodi Dansingburg|