We are very excited that you are considering applying to Ridgeway Community School’s Preschool-aged enrichment programs. You are welcome to contact the school to arrange a visit to our preschool classroom at a time that works for you. Below are links to the preschool programs registration form for the remaining half of the 2022-23 school year and the 2023-24 school year. Please indicate which session you are interested in registering for by checking the appropriate box. Children need to be 3 years old and able to use the bathroom by themselves by 9/1/23. Our morning preschool programs run from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and our all day program runs from 7:45am - 2:15pm but special arrangements can be made for drop offs as early as 6:30 a.m.
Below is a list of all the required paperwork and information that we will need to have on file in our office before the first day of preschool. If you have any question about the paperwork, below please contact the school office.
Preschool Registration is done on a first come - first serve basis. To be considered registered the Registration form and a non-refundable fifteen dollar fee needs to be submitted to the school office. Enrollment in our preschool program does not guarantee enrollment in our kindergarten program. Enrollment preference in our kindergarten to 5th grade programs is not given to students who have attended our preschool program. Preference for enrollment for our K-5 educational programs IS given to siblings of students already attending Ridgeway Community School and the children of people working at the school. If the number of applicants for any grade exceeds the number of spots available a lottery will be held to place students into the class and onto the waiting list.
ADDITIONAL FORMS NEEDED:
- Registration Form: This form officially states that your student is registered at Ridgeway Community School.
- Non-Refundable Registration Fee: The $15.00 one-time fee is used for the administrative purpose of setting up your child for preschool.
Please contact the RCS office at 507-454-9566 or if you have any questions about the above forms or any deadlines that are attached to these forms.
- Immunizations: (includes a list of required immunizations). Ridgeway Community School’s immunization policy states that all students need to be up to date with their immunizations or have a notarized waiver on file at the school office in order to begin school in the fall. This form, or a copy of your child’s immunization records, can be faxed to the school from your child’s doctor. The fax number is 507-454-9567.
- Transportation Form: Transportation is available from several area home day-care programs in the school's van. This seats in the van are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. To reserve your child's spot in our preschool van please complete the form below and return it to the school office. On this form you can indicate if your child will need transportation or if you will provide your own transportation. Also on this form is an area to indicate who can pick your child up.
- Scholarship Form: Ridgeway Community School has a limited number of $300 fee-reduction scholarships available for preschool students. In order to be eligible for the scholarships families must submit a scholarship application and the form for educational benefits (Free and Reduced priced lunch form). These forms can be submitted to the office as soon as a family has received confirmation that they have secured a spot in the class.
NOTICE TO PARENT/GUARDIAN: Tennessen Warning – MN Stat. 13.04, subd. 2: As a part of the permanent record for all students registered in the Ridgeway Community School #4083, information deemed private or confidential is collected. This data will be available only to district employees on a need-to-know basis. Failure to provide complete and accurate information may result in inaccurate records and incomplete services.